Gmail can now retrieve email from other pop accounts

I just read that gmail has finally introduced the ability to retrieve email from other pop accounts into gmail and will be rolling this out gradually.

I have several email accounts and for some time have wanted to consolidate them into gmail for two reasons. Firstly the gmail spam filter tends to be quite effective. Secondly I find that the facilities in gmail tend to be better than the other services I have.

Whilst an option might have been to forward emails onto gmail, not all of my legacy email addresses supported this.

Most of my email activities I actually do from my T-mobile Blackberry, but for html email I have to revert to either web mail or I still pull the emails via pop into Outlook which I use as an additional backup record.

posted by John Wilson @ 12:40 AM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home