DimDim - YumYum

I have to take back my mocking words about DimDim, the Open Source web conferencing company. Having just received my invite to the beta, I was blown away with the breadth of facilities tucked inside this stylish yet FREE web conference service.

It's felt like I'd encountered the next evolutionary cycle of web conference tools - the offspring of vyew and zoho meeting. It's got some great features including
As a Presenter only a browser plugin is needed while Attendees do not need to install anything, as they can watch via flash, which puts Yugma at a disadvantage as it requires an install. Similarly, Yuuguu is not as functionally rich at this time. Whilst vyew does offer most of the above features with the notable exception of video/audio, I always found the desktop sharing to be flaky.

It certainly looks good enough to give DimDim a try as my primary web conference tool, with zoho as a back-up.

Labels: ,

posted by John Wilson @ 9:02 PM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



2 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello John,

Thia is Sundar from Dimdim. Thanks for the appreciative words about Dimdim. Please dont hesitate to email me if you have any queries about Dimdim.

Regards,
~sundar
sundar(AT)dimdim.com

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger /Slash said...

When I used Dim Dim the first time... I had to install something (you know, the "Save or Run" screen). I don't get that today when I install or run Yugma (althought I know they install a java plugin). So I'm not sure I understand disadvantage for Yugma? I have come to really like Yugma's free service. And I really like what they have recently done with Skype. Worth checking it out at http://www.yugma.com/yugmaskype . Pretty cool.
/slash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home