MediaMax - are they maxed out?

MediaMax, who absorbed Streamload, offer a staggering 25gb of online storage for free hence I was happy to sign up for their service some time back and use this as a backup location.

The service had a desktop application that enabled you to easily upload files etc. but I seem to recall the auto-backup didn't work too well. No matter - periodic uploads were fine.

So I was frustrated a couple of week ago when I couldnt log into the service, which claimed my account was locked/disabled. So I emailed the helpdesk as it suggested.

A reply finally arrived today with an standard response to say they were overwhelmed with helpdesk emails; had taken on more staff but that paid customers were getting priority (which is fair enough).

The annoying bit in the email was

If you have received a message saying that your account has been disabled and you have not used your account for an extended period of time, your account has been disabled due to inactivity. Free accounts that are not logged into for 6 months are automatically locked and deleted by the system. The username and email address used in creation of the account will not be available for re-use for approximately a month. This inactivity policy is necessary to ensure proper use of resources. Only paid account are immune from this policy.

I'm surprised if had been 6 months since I logged in but if so, might an alternative response have been to drop a reminder email to say something like "log in if you still want to use the service or it will be deleted". Grrrrr.

No matter I thought , I will simply open a new account and re-upload my files to the new account.

WHAT! The sign-up page requires a secure log in and then directs you to a page headed "You are not authorised to view this page? Doh. So you can't sign up.

Twenty tries later it finally lets me through and I sign up - I receive an verification email asking me to click to verify and guess what ..... straight back onto a secure signin that won't accept my logon credentials.

MEDIAMAX - are you just trying to fend off new (returning) customers or just me?

posted by John Wilson @ 5:16 PM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Daisy Motta said...

This happens to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home