Emailtwitter - has it died?

I readily admit to not having fallen in love with Twitter, which probably puts me in a minority amongst "webbies". Whilst I readily acknowledge there are many excellent uses for the service, personally I found Twitter too "noisy". Hence I've used it relatively little for months.

Preferring email to SMS, I did make use of an email service called emailtwitter for a while that allowed you to post tweets and receive them via email. However, the service seems to no longer be active [home page no longer active] and I've yet to find a replacement. If you've any suggestions on what to use instead, I'd be pleased to hear them.

Zemanta Pixie

Labels:

posted by John Wilson @ 11:46 AM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried Twittermail? (http://www.twittermail.com/)

I have not used it myself but had it mentioned to me in passing. Might be worth a try..

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger John Wilson said...

Riaz, I have used Twittermail to post to Twitter but have not been very successful retrieving tweets from those I am following. Appreciate the suggestion though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home