Q:Who ate all the pies A; Prescott, but then was sick

John Prescott in May 2007Image via WikipediaYou just know that the political and current affairs comedy writers are going to have a field day with the news that John Prescott, ex Deputy PM in the UK, had an eating disorder. Admitting to gorging on MacDonalds after Government Banquets and then making himself sick, he acknowledged it hadn't resulted in him having a slim figure.

Daftest press question asked on the matter was whether Tony Blair was aware he had left someone with an eating disorder in charge of the country! Obviously they were citing the concern that someone couldn't launch nuclear missiles or greet George Clooney if they were in the loo vomiting.

My own contribution to the topic is "when asked why he ate so much, Prescott replied he had a lot on his plate".

Actually, that's a line the boxer Ricky Hatton used in a press conference, but apt anyway.

Labels: , ,

posted by John Wilson @ 6:11 PM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Hawkeye said...

No doubt I am not the first one to say this, but I read the headline that Prescott had been battling bulimia and I thought, "Well he certainly won that battle!" I know that this will bring out all the PC brigade but I don't care. I still think he was playing the bulimia game by the rules.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home