I'm not keen on Open Coffee London new location

For whatever reason, the new venue for Open Coffee London just doesn't seem to have the same buzz. It may just be acoustics or the layout, but whenever you approached the old venue at Starbucks in Esprit there was "noise" and the sense of something happening.

Sadly the new venue's coffee isn't up to much and the free wifi hasn't materialised either. I know we can't go back to Esprit, but maybe we should look around again.

Labels:

posted by John Wilson @ 9:29 AM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



6 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Hawkeye said...

Are you suggesting that there is a Starbucks venue that actually makes decent coffee? You amaze me.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Saul said...

agree it's not esprit so far - but generally reviews have been good. pls mail me john with other suggestions around picadilly/oxford circus
s

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger John Wilson said...

Hawkeye, relative to Starbucks, the coffee is bad at the new venue, as well as pricey.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger John Wilson said...

Saul, I confess that with the restriction of Picadilly/Oxford Circus applied, I am lost for alternates as it's not my turf.

I do know that Hubworking over at Liverpool St. is available to use. They have free wifi, a big lounge and decent coffee.

Oddly enough, having a venue with few places to sit down and more open space seems to encourage people to mingle.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just get your coffee at Costa downstairs like all of us cheap bustards are doing :-)

What about moving downstairs to Costa altogether?

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger John Wilson said...

I have seen people carry costa coffee into the new venue and am actually amazed that the owners haven't objected - it's similar to walking into a pub and drinking from cans you bought elsewhere.

As I've not been into the Costa, I can't tell if it would be any better. Would certainly be worth enquiring if they would host though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home