My Google reader is broken

No idea what's causing this but Google Reader is broken on my PC and has been since Monday. More specifically
- it's only broken on my laptop (Desktop is fine); AND
- when using Firefox (IE7 is fine); AND
- when using my main google account (still operates on a secondary account)

ie it still works on my laptop for my secondary account in Firefox but not for my main account; yet my main account still works on my laptop under IE7

Quite simply, I log in and the header appears, after which it gets stuck on the "Loading" image.

After checking Google Reader forums it appears I'm not alone, but it's evidently not the account or the browser or the laptop individually but only in combination. It's irritating because I've stopped using IE7, having converted to Firefox initially for it's recovery feature. So now I'm having to use two browsers.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Labels: ,

posted by John Wilson @ 4:15 PM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



4 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Mihai Parparita said...

Sorry to hear that Reader is broken for you. We inadvertently broke Reader in Firefox 1.0, but we released a fix for that yesterday. Which version are you running?

Mihai Parparita
Google Reader Engineer

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger John Wilson said...

Hi Mihai. I am running Firefox 2.0.0.2 but as you would have seen from the post it is not Firefox specific as I can run another google reader account on the same laptop/browser combo without problems.

I am also running Firebug add for Firefox but nothing stood out as being odd.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Mihai Parparita said...

Does Firebug show any JavaScript errors when Reader is stuck? Also, have you tried starting Firefox in safe mode (all extensions are disabled, see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode for more information)?

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Sam Sethi said...

John I have the same problem. Have Google forgotten to pay Firefox this month?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home