Selling bras - Making mountains out of molehills

Unusual experience today - met my wife for lunch in the West End, after which she decided she would pop into Bravissimo (Lingerie, Swimwear & Clothing for big boobed women - their strapline, not mine as you can see from their home page) which is just off Oxford Circus.

Well, if there was a wifi connection, I could have spent all day in there, but that's a different issue.

Anyway, the stores is peppered with little slogans like - "take the plunge with our swimwear" with a picture of an ample lady in a swimsuit etc. Their brand is definitely a humorous and sassy one.

So, whilst I am waiting for my wife, adjacent to me they are running a feedback session on an upcoming advertising campaign. Ladies that have just had the "Bravissimo experience" are being shown a series of ads and asked for their impressions on the message and visuals etc.

Well, as those that know me, I have a tendency to do wisecracks and fancy myself as an hobbyist advertiser (you should hear my mobile phone company campaign song, which I am still amazed Orange didn't jump at, involving a rewording of the track Shout from Tears for Fears).

So to my wife's embarrassment, I volunteered a few slogans they might use

- "Bravissimo, your second biggest asset"
- "For girls who can be a handful"
- "You've tried the rest, now fit the breast"
- "Bringing out your breast side"
- "This is one cup that shouldn't overfloweth"
- "Only for girls that can measure up"
- "Bravissimo, Definitely not a cover-up"
- "Bravissimo, You can count on our support"

To her astonishment - they actually liked them! So I now await my royalty cheques and my expulsion notice from Girl Geek Dinners. Meantime, I wonder if Hugh might take an interest in this social object.

posted by John Wilson @ 4:14 PM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



1 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a 36J and a size 18 and I have always struggled to find clothes, and bra’s to fit me.. It’s not as if my size is that un-common. Recently I have started shopping online as there are far more options available. Beau Dame lingerie is a good site, they always have my size they do underwear and Miraclesuit Swimwear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home