Are your reception turning away business deal?

I happened to call a business today to speak with their MD, who I had been referred to by a mutual acquaintance.

As with many switchboards, they were very guarded about putting me though to such "an important person". So I explained that I was calling from a VC and had a proposition to discuss with him.

The receptionist (not PA) advised me that I could send an email but that he probably wouldn't want to talk to a VC (assuming she knew what that was).

Clearly, she could have been instructed to do this, but I just wonder whether her MD might have wanted to hear about what was on offer and make that decision himself. For all his receptionist knew, I could have been going to make an offer to buy the business at a ludicrously high price.

I wonder what else they let their reception turn away out of ignorance?

posted by John Wilson @ 1:23 PM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home