Google maps on the blackberry is superb

As someone that travels around London to various meetings, I have use Google maps extensively to navigate my way from the nearest tube station to destination. When I upgraded my Blackberry to a Blackberry 8800 which comes with GPS, it was a delight to find that Google had integrated the GPS capability inside google maps. Thus, it plots my exact location on the map as I travel.

If you've got one of the new Blackberry's with GPS, I thoroughly recommend installing Google Maps. Even if you only use it a couple of times, I think you'll see what an invaluable aid it can be when you aren't quite sure where you are and how to get to where you are going.

If you don't have GPS though, apparently Google have released a new version of google maps that tries to identify your location by triangulating the phone mast signal.

You can download google maps onto your mobile device from www.google.com/gmm

posted by John Wilson @ 9:30 AM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home