"Hi Biz Devt - Please sign this death warrant"

I'm grateful to Paul Lomax, who referred me to a Seth Godin quote, in a comment he left on the post on the Universal CEO's recent interview.

Seth Godin's idea about how to try and get past the lower-level biz-dev guys... He suggests giving them a piece of paper saying "I, the undersigned, have been briefed on idea X but I wish to pass up on the opportunity. I authorised company X to take this idea to our competitors."

Of course, the chances are they'll kick you out of the meeting, but at least you can say "I told you so" years later ;-)

I must try this, but also suspect a number of entrepreneurs might do it with VCs as well when their fantastic investment opportunity gets passed up.

posted by John Wilson @ 8:54 AM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home