Firefox 2.0 - A better browser perhaps

Thank goodness for common sense.

Having started using online/web-based application almost exclusively (rarely use desktop apps) including

BUT its very frustrating that neither IE or Firefox have a recovery capability to re-open the browser to its last state if the browser session terminates for whatever reason (powersupply interruption, program termination). And whilst my "Home" location opens multiple tabs of many of the above apps, it doesn't re-open any extra tabs I've had open whilst "link surfing" - I usually don't know their urls/names either as I just clicked on links.

So its great news that Firefox 2.0 will restore your session after it crashes. Given that IE7 is only just coming out, it seems bizarre that Microsoft hasn't included this capability (at least not that I've heard).

posted by John Wilson @ 10:04 PM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home