Is VOIP service EQO going off air?

Image representing EQO as depicted in CrunchBaseImage by via CrunchBaseAlthough I've recently been using Nimbuzz on my Blackberry as my IM aggregator application because of its' inclusion of skype amongst the networks it covers, I have retained EQO as well. Whilst it performs a similar service to Nimbuzz, I much prefer the EQO interface and its superior usability.

Sadly it appears that EQO may be about to shutdown if reports on GigaOM and Techvibes are true. Having raised $13m in VC funding, it was apparently under pressure to find a buyer for the company but seemingly hasn't been successful.

I previously blogged about my use of EQO here.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , ,

posted by John Wilson @ 9:51 AM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



1 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am using EQO for VoIP calls and IM since long now but rumors that EQO is going off air force me to look around for more options, one of my friend has recommended Vopium for VoIP calls and its quite cheap and Vopium Sync feature is incredible. I happy with it and would recommend it to others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home