Mugged in Portugal

I've just returned from a family holiday in Madeira, an island I'd not visited previously and which I came away from with happy memories.

However, one sour note - I was mugged. Or at least I would have been if I hadn't redirected my mobile phone before leaving the UK.

On arriving on the Island, T-mobile kindly sent me this message.

Welcome to Portugal. It will cost you £0.38/min to make and £0.19/min to receive calls here. You can send a text for 40p a message and picture messages cost 20p each.

Whilst I appreciate that another carrier is handling the calls overseas, this appears like price gouging.

Catching up on RSS feeds on my return, it seems like I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Labels:

posted by John Wilson @ 8:33 AM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home