Gordon Ramsey meets real life David Brent character from the Office

I wandered into our family lounge last night to find "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares USA" on the TV. As a rule, I loathe Gordon Ramsey whose manner I find bullying and aggressive. Hence, this would normally prompt me to change channel immediately but annoyingly my wife had control of the remote and she was keen to see the show, based on the "violent" show trailers.

Gordon Ramsey aside, the show quickly captured my attention for one reason - the restaurant manager, Mike, was the spitting image of Ricky Gervais and was a real life version of David Brent. It was hilarious, especially as the guy had several "emotional" and erratic moments, including crying when he saw the restaurant makeover and having a loud hissy fit argument in front of the dinner guests.

You can watch the show if you missed it online at Channel4.com - its entitled "The Mixing Bowl" and is episode 2.

posted by John Wilson @ 11:14 AM Permanent Link newsvine reddit



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home